All Nottingham City Councillors are required to abide by the Council’s Code of Conduct for Councillors and Co-opted Members in Part six of the Council’s Constitution. If you believe a Councillor has breached the Code of Conduct you can complain to the Council’s Monitoring Officer.
Before you Start
The following types of complaint will not be considered under this procedure:
- Complaints which do not relate to a current Councillor or voting Co optee
- Complaints which relate to a decision of an employee or a Committee
- Complaints which relate to alleged incidents which took place before a person became a Councillor or voting Co optee
- Complaints which refer to alleged incidents which happened so long ago that there would be little benefit in taking action now
- Complaints which do not identify the Councillor or voting Co optee being complained about
- Complaints which relate to a Councillor or voting co optee’s personal or private life
- Complaints containing trivial, vexatious or politically motivated allegations
- Complaints regarding alleged behaviour which has already been investigated
- Complaints which relate to an alleged failure to comply with the rules regarding ‘Disclosable Pecuniary Interests’
- Complaints which do not relate to the Code of Conduct
If your complaint falls under one of these categories please contact the Council’s Governance Manager on 0115 876 4312 or at email@example.com who will advise you on alternative courses of action open to you.
You are not obliged either by statute or by contract to provide your contact details. They will only be used by the Monitoring Officer or his staff to process and update you on your complaint; a Council task carried out in the public interest. For more information please refer to our detailed privacy statement.
The Data Controller is Nottingham City Council and its Data Protection Officer is Naomi Matthews who can be contacted at: Nottingham City Council, Loxley House Station Street Nottingham NG2 3NG. The new data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation provides for a number of new rights.
Please note that if you are unhappy with the handling of your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you do not have access to the internet and would like to access to any of this information please contact the Monitoring Officer using the contact details below.
How to Make a Complaint
If you want to submit a complaint about the conduct of a Councillor or Co-opted Member of Nottingham City Council, you must do this by clicking the button below.
You can also download a copy of the form below and return to:
or via post:
Nottingham City Council
Please complete as much of the form as you are able to.
How will my complaint be dealt with?
All complaints we receive will be dealt with in line with the Council’s Councillor Complaints Procedure
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...