We are deeply saddened to announce that long-serving councillor Alan Clark passed away on 26th July 2017.
Councillor Clark was elected to Nottingham City Council as a Labour Councillor in 1988 representing the Byron Ward until 2003 and the Bulwell Forest Ward, from 2003 until the present, alongside his wife, Councillor Eunice Campbell.
Councillor Clark held a number of senior positions during his 29 years of service to Nottingham City Council including the role as Portfolio Holder for Energy and Sustainability since 2011. He took a leading role in making Nottingham one of the UK's greenest cities, including developing the Nottingham Declaration on Climate Change, fitting thousands of homes with solar panels and connecting thousands of homes and businesses to the district heating system, as well as setting up Robin Hood Energy, the UK's first council-owned energy company.
Bulwell Forest Ward and Portfolio Holder for Energy and Sustainability. This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
For information regarding Councillor Surgeries and local services, please visit the Bulwell Forest Ward and Surgery Details page.
Information and details
Ward: Bulwell Forest Ward
I was first elected in 1988 and represent Bulwell Forest Ward. I engage with a whole range of community groups and events. I communicate with residents through frequent letters, events and emails.
I hold two advice surgeries a month, alongside colleagues, but most of my casework now comes through email and so can be dealt with more quickly. I regularly attend meetings of those community groups that invite me.
I am the Portfolio Holder for Energy & Sustainability. This has involved work on installing solar panels, insulation, seeking to improve air quality and chairing our district heating and retail energy supply companies (EnviroEnergy and Robin Hood Energy).
I have previously held portfolios including Tourism, Housing and Planning, and remain a member of the Planning Committee, continuously since 1988.
I also chair our Shared Services provision, working with Leicestershire County Council.
I am a governor of three inner-city schools, where I am working hard on raising aspiration as well as achievement in very diverse communities.
- Bulwell and Bulwell Forest Area Committee (Area 1)Opens new window
- Executive BoardOpens new window
- Planning CommitteeOpens new window
- Appointments and Conditions of Service CommitteeOpens new window
- Joint Committee on Strategic Planning and TransportOpens new window
- East Midlands Shared Services Joint CommitteeOpens new window
Membership of Outside Organisations
- EnviroEnergy Ltd
- Civic Enterprise Nottingham Ltd
- Joint Planning Advisory Board
- Greater Nottingham Rapid Transit Ltd
- Meadows Ozone Energy Company
- Nottingham Regeneration Limited (Council appointed Director)
- Nottingham Pensions Sub-Committee
- Notts Pensions Investment Sub Committee
- Notts Pensions Investment Sub-Committee Pensions Working Party
- One Nottingham (ON) Green Nottingham Partnership
- Robin Hood Energy
- Wollaton Park Golf Club
- Gas Fund Trustees
- Nottingham Development Enterprise
- Nottingham Energy Partnership