St Ann's Ward Councillor and Leader of Nottingham City Council and Portfolio Holder for Strategic Infrastructure and Communications. This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
For information regarding Councillor Surgeries and local services, please visit the St Ann's Ward and Surgery Details page.
Information and details
Ward: St Ann's Ward
Currently Leader of Nottingham City Council, Jon Collins has been a Councillor of St. Ann's, an inner city ward, in Nottingham since 1987. During this time he has served as Chair, Community Development Committee, 7 years as Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Education and Work (1999 to 2003).
Jon chairs the Renewal Trust a local community development trust, is a Board Member of the East Midlands Development Agency and was elected Chair of the Nottinghamshire Police Authority in 2010 having overseen the Authority's change management programme. Previously, Jon has been a Board Member on the City's Primary Care Trust, the Learning and Skills Council and the Greater Nottingham Partnership Forum. He was until recently Chair of One Nottingham the City's Local Strategic Partnership.
Prior to undertaking his current role as Leader (since 2003), Jon completed an MBA (Public Services) and worked as an Urban Regeneration Consultant and Housing Development Officer.
- Mapperley and St Ann's and Dales Area Committee (Area 6)
- Executive Board - Chair
- Commissioning and Procurement Sub-Committee
- Appointments and Conditions of Service Committee
- The City of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Economic Prosperity Committee
Membership of Outside Organisations
- Robin Hood Energy
- Renewal Trust (Council appointed Director)
- Blue Print
- Core Cities
- D2N2 Infrastructure and Investment Board
- East Midlands Councils
- Local Government Association (General Assembly)
- Local Government Association City Regions Board
- Nottingham City Transport Ltd
- Crime and Drugs Partnership
- Eastcroft District Heating Consumers' Committee