Bilborough Ward. This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
For information regarding Councillor Surgeries and local services, please visit the Bilborough Ward and Surgery Details page.
Information and Details
Ward: Bilborough Ward
Malcolm Wood was first elected to the City Council in 1978, following the death of Councillor Bert Littlewood and has represented Bilborough ever since.
Having lived in Bilborough since the age of three, he attended Glaisdale Bi-lateral School and entered the printing industry in 1961. As a student of the Nottingham Regional College of Technology (subsequently Nottingham Trent University) he developed a passion for graphic design and typography. On completing his apprenticeship and study in Nottingham, he moved to Hampshire to work for the British Print Corporation. On his return to Nottingham, he helped produce Harpers and Queen magazine among a list of many other notable titles. As a trade union activist, he was one of the youngest FOC's in Nottingham and later became the President of his branch of the National Graphical Association.
Politically, he has been a member of the Labour Party for well over 30 years and has held the following offices: Branch Secretary, Constituency Chair - West and Nottingham North, CLP Secretary and has acted as a General Election Agent.
Malcolm Wood was Deputy Lord Mayor in 1991/2 and Lord Mayor in 1992/3
- West Area (Aspley, Bilborough and Leen Valley) Committee (Area 3) Opens new window
- Audit CommitteeOpens new window
- Nottinghamshire and City of Nottingham Fire and Rescue AuthorityOpens new window
- Planning CommitteeOpens new window
Membership of Outside Organisations
- Hanley and Gellestrope Almshouses
- Nottingham Forest in the Community
- Nottingham Ice Centre Limited
- Nottingham Racecourse Limited (Council appointed Director)
- Sheila Russell Community Association Management Committee