You can complain about a Hackney Carriage or a Private Hire vehicle or driver licensed by Nottingham City Council.
Nottingham City Council's Licensing Team is responsible for investigating complaints in relation to drivers, vehicles and operators licensed within the city of Nottingham.
The Licensing Team's powers are limited to dealing with breaches of conditions attached to licenses or where a licence holder has failed to abide by legislation governing their licence.
What We Investigate
The types of complaints the Licensing Team deal with include:
- Poor customer service
- Poor standards of driving
- Vehicle defects
- Failures to display driver or vehicle identification
- Drivers intentionally prolonging journeys
- Noise nuisances
- Plying for hire (private picking up public)
- Issues against an operator
What We Do Not Investigate
If your complaint is in regards to a 'crime in progress' involving a hackney carriage or private hire driver, vehicle or operator please call Nottinghamshire Police on 999.
If your complaint is in reference to the following categories you will need to contact the agency identified below:
- Criminal Complaint e.g. discrimination, inappropriate behaviour, child and adult safeguarding issues, violence or theft, contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101
- Moving Traffic Offence e.g. using phone whilst driving, dangerous driving or speeding, contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101
- Illegal Parking contact the Parking Enforcement Team
- For vehicles licensed outside the city of Nottingham contact the relevant local authority
- Civil Matters we can advise but cannot resolve issues such as fare disputes
If your complaint is not covered by any of the categories listed above you may proceed by contacting us either by:
Phone: 0115 8761757
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...