The Equality and Community Relations Team is a specialist team in HR.
Who We Are
The Equalities and Community Relations Team is a specialist team located within Human Resources led by an Equalities Lead, with Consultant and Administrative Support and its main focus is to ensure that the organisation meets its Public Sector Equality Duties as defined by the Equality Act 2010
Those duties are to:
- Eliminate Discrimination, Harassment, Victimisation and any other conduct prohibited under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it
What We Do
Our work means that we take a completely holistic view of the organisation both in terms of its workforce and the services we provide. Our role is to ensure that our employee profile is reflective of the broader community and that our services are delivered in a fair and equitable manner.
To enable that to happen the team will:
- Conduct Equality Impact Assessments
- Provide advice to colleagues
- Provide strategic support to senior managers
Support the development of internal staff groups and external consultation and scrutiny forums.
Tel: 0115 876 2747
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...