We support several forums that play a vital role in overseeing and improving our work on equality and diversity.
We support the following equality forums:
- Equality and Fairness Commission
- Disability Involvement Group
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Consultative and Scrutiny Forum
- Nottingham City Council internal forums
The EFC is a city-wide voluntary community forum with representatives attending from across different areas of equality including race, gender, age, disability, religion and belief, and sexual orientation.
The group exists to
- Take a strategic approach on equality and diversity issues that impact on the lives of Nottingham citizens
- Influence decision making of One Nottingham and its partner organisations to improve the lives of citizens who experience discrimination, disadvantage or deprivation
- Provide constructive feedback to partners on their policies and practices that leads to positive outcomes for people with protected characteristics
The Disability Involvement Group monitors progress and provides consultation on disability issues. It is made up of representatives from the community and voluntary sector.
To get involved or to request an agenda item please contact the Equality and Community Relations Team.
Disability Identification Cards
The LGBT Forum meets quarterly. This Forum is made up of representatives from the LGBT community and voluntary and community organisations, and provides advice and consultancy on Council policies and services.
If you would like to discuss a service, policy or issue with this group please contact the Equality and Community Relations Team.
Nottinghamshire's Rainbow Heritage celebrates Nottinghamshire's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) lives, hidden history and culture.
Nottingham City Council supports a number of internal forums
- BME (Black and Minority Ethnics)
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender)
- DESN (Disabled Employees' Support Network)
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...