Share this page
On this site
Council Tax and Finance
This section tells you about Council Tax and Finance. You can find out how Council Tax is calculated, what discounts, exemptions and reductions are available and how to pay your bill.
Nottingham City Council is responsible for collecting Council Tax and Business Rates in the Nottingham area. There are over 130,000 dwellings subject to Council Tax and more than 11,000 businesses that pay Non Domestic Rates.
- Council Tax - How to pay your bill
- Accounting Information and reports
- What is Council Tax?
- Council Tax - How is it calculated?
- Council Tax - Bands and charges
- Council Tax - Discounts and Empty Properties
- Council Tax - Exempt property
- Council Tax - Reductions for people with disabilities
- Council Tax - Appeals
- Council Tax - Reminders
- Council Tax - Summons
- Council Tax - Can't pay your bills?
For 2011/12 £88 million worth of bills have been raised for Council Tax, and over £127 million for Business Rates.
Our aim is to provide an efficient and responsive service to our Customers. With this in mind we have set targets for the quality of services provided. Our aim is to:
- Answer written correspondence and e-mails within 11 working days;
- Provide a telephone service that reacts to demand and provides for calls to be answered within 18 seconds in all but the busiest of periods;
- Update changes to your account within 15 working days;
- Provide a service where Clients receive the right information first time, every time.
We are committed to improving the service provided to our Customers and with this in mind we will constantly monitor the services provided. Where opportunity allows we will revise and improve the above targets.
If you have any comments about the way in which the service is provided we would be pleased to hear from you. Click here for information on how to contact us.
Where can I get help paying my Council Tax bill if I am on a low income?
If you cannot pay your bill because of low income, please click here to contact the Housing and Council Tax Benefit section on Telephone: (0115) 915 4944.