Robin Hood Energy

Temporary Event Notice

Here you will find guidance notes and advice on the process for making a Temporary Event Notice including a list of licensing solicitors and specialists.

The law regarding TENs changed on 25 April 2012 so please read this page and the guidance notes carefully before submitting your TEN.

A Temporary Event Notice(TEN) must be served on the Licensing Authority, the Police and Pollution Control if you wish to provide licensable activities on a 'one off' basis. Such events may be held in the open air or within premises which don't have a premises licence or whose licence doesn't cover the hours or activities you wish to provide.

The number of TENs which can be made by a person or in respect of a place is limited by statute so please read thoroughly the guidance notes below.

Please Note - TENs must be served on the Licensing Authority, Police and Environmental Health Officer (Noise Pollution) (addresses below), by no later than 10 clear working days prior to the event not including the day the TEN is received or the day of the event. Please remember to allow for bank holidays which are listed below in 'Non Working Days'.

From 25 April 2012 a 'Late' TEN may be served - up to 5 clear working days not including the day of the event, but if any objections are received then the event will not be able to go ahead. There is a limit as to the number of 'late' TENs which can be served in a calendar year so please read the guidance notes below. NB late TENs should only be submitted in exceptional circumstances which are beyond the control of the premises user.

Please note that the fee of £21.00 is not refundable if your TEN is rejected or refused for any reason.

Contact Details

You must serve your TEN to: 

Licensing Authority

Licensing Officer, Nottingham City Council, Community Protection, Licensing, Tamar Building, Eastcroft Depot, London Road, Nottingham NG2 3AH
Telephone for queries: 0115 876 1751

The current fee of £21.00 should accompany your application.


Nottinghamshire Police, City Division Licensing Team, Riverside, Rennie Hogg Road, Nottingham, NG2 1RX.

Pollution Control

Environmental Health (Pollution Control), Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3HX
Fax: 0115 876 1474

Public Safety

For advice on public safety, event safety management, food safety and information on how to comply with health and safety and food legislation, please contact the Food and Health and Safety Team on 0115 876 1494 or e mail

Click here to view the Health and Safety web pages and click here to view the Food Safety web pages

Before submitting a TEN you may need to have regard to Nottingham City Council's Licensing Policy - pdf icon Licensing Policy 2014 [1Mb]

For further information please contact the licensing office on 0115 915 6571.  Alternatively you can request further information by completing the 

 Is there anything wrong with this page?

 Make a comment on this service

Facebook Twitter You Tube Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham. NG2 3NG
Privacy Statement | Accessibility

Nottingham City Homes Nottinghamshire Police Stonewall Nottingham Credit Union