Library and Information Services contact information
- Email: enquiryline@nottingh...
- Tel: 0115 915 2828
- Library and Information Services contact information
Share this page
On this site
Charges for library services
While much of the library service is completely free, some services such as DVD loans carry a small charge.
- Overdue items
- Use of public computers
- Printing & photocopying
- Music recordings
- Language courses
- Replacement of lost membership cards
- Electronic payments - pay fines and charges online or by phone
The following fines apply to books, talking books and language courses which are not returned or renewed by the end of the loan period:
- 20p per item per day overdue
- There is a maximum overdue fine of £8.00 per item
Exemptions: under 18s, home library services users, asylum seekers and children looked after.
To avoid fines you can:
- Sign up for email alerts (ask at your local library)
- Renew online via the Library catalogue on-line
- Renew by telephone on 0845 3304435
- Renew in person at any City or County library
Please note: music CDs, DVDs and CD-ROMs which are not returned by the end of the loan period will have a repeat rental charge applied for further full weeks until returned.
There is a non-refundable charge of 40p* per item, payable at the time the item is collected.
Exemptions: under 18s, home library service users, and children looked after.
Items obtained from outside Nottingham/Nottinghamshire public library services (via inter-library loans) will cost an extra £5.00 per item.
- Reserve online via the Library catalogue on-line
- Reserve in person or by telephone at any City or County library
*Reservations for CDs and DVDs are free if you are collecting from a community library (not Nottingham Central Library)
Library members have 60 minutes of FREE computer use each week. After that additional time can be purchased at the rate of £1 per hour or part hour.
Non members pay a charge of £2 per half hour.
- Printing & photocopying - A4 Black and White (per side) - 10p
- Printing & photocopying - A3 Black and \White (per side) - 20p
- Printing & photocopying - A4 Colour (per side) - 50p
- Printing & photocopying - A3 Colour (per side) - £1.00
In libraries without a choice of printers, the charge is 10p per A4 side.
DISCOUNT: 50% discount on printing charges and computer use for under 18s.
The weekly loan charges are:
Type of recording
Charge per item
CDs - individual disc
|CDs - boxed set|
There is a standard charge of £4, for the full set which is loaned for 6 weeks at a time. Books which are accompanied by a single cassette/CD are free of charge. ESOL courses are free of charge.
EXEMPTIONS: Children looked after.
DISCOUNTS: 50% for under 18s.
The weekly loan charges are:
|Type of item||Charge per item|
|Standard DVDs - individual disc||£1.50|
|Standard DVDs - boxed set||£2.50|
The replacement charge is £1.
The replacement charge for a Citycard (combining travel, leisure centre and library use on one card) is £3.
Exemptions: under 18s and children in care.
You can now pay any charges or fines which you have incurred without going into a library:
- electronic payment using a debit/credit card can be made through this web site.
- ring either 0115 915 2824 or 0115 915 2841 and have your Chip & PIN card ready (Mon-Fri, 9.00-7.00, Sat 9.00-1.00)