'Have Your Say' - Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Nottingham City Council is committed to providing the best possible services for its customers. Our 'Have Your Say' comments, compliments & complaints process gives you the chance to tell us what you think of the services we provide.
It's quick and easy to tell us what you think using the online feedback form.
- How you can Comment, Compliment or Complain
- Guide to our Complaints Procedure
- Local Government Ombudsman
- Click here to complete an online form
- Phone us direct if you know the number or call us on (0115) 915 5555 and we'll put you through
- Speak to us in person at any Council reception point or office
- Use Textphone or minicom by dialling 18001 0115 then the direct telephone number of the service you want to feed back about if you know it, or 0115 915 5555 and ask them to put you through
- Write direct to the service you want to feed back about or, if you don't know their address, write to: Have Your Say, Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3NG.
Click here to view our detailed Comments, Compliments and Complaints policy [267kb]
If you require any of this information in an alternative format e.g. Large Print, Braille etc please email email@example.com or call 0115 8764921.
As each stage ends, you will be asked if you are satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled and, if you're not satisfied, whether you wish to move to the next stage of the process. We will always make sure we learn from hearing about your problem, and try to stop it happening again.
When you tell us you are not satisfied with our response, or that we are taking too long to solve the problem, we will start the next stage of the process.
At each stage you will be given the contact details of a named person within 3 working days of telling us you are not satisfied.
Stage 1 - Informal
- If you tell us you're not happy we will contact you within 2 working days to try to solve the problem quickly.
Stage 2 - Formal
- We will investigate your complaint formally and give you a full response within 10 working days.
Stage 3 - Review of investigation
- A senior manager will review the investigation. They will confirm why you are still not satisfied. They will provide a full response within 25 working days.
We reserve the right not to refer the case to Stage 4 if the complaint is about a policy that cannot be changed or if the response at Stage 4 will be a repeat of the responses given at Stages 1, 2 or 3.
Stage 4 - Sent to Chief Executive for final review
- Your complaint may be sent to the Chief Executive who will ask a person who has not been involved in the case before to carry out a final review. We will send you a full written report of our final decision within 15 working days, or if we need more time, we will send you a letter telling you when our final review will be completed.
When we have investigated and reviewed your complaint, if you are still not happy, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman
We intend, where possible, to deal with all complaints under the above four stage procedure. However there are a few exceptions for legal reasons such as a complaint that has already been heard by a court or tribunal, or a complaint where the citizen or the Council has commenced legal proceedings or has taken court action.
Also, the following exceptions have specific procedures governing complaints and appeals. We will let you know what the correct process is if your complaint falls into one the categories listed below.
- Independent Rent Officer
The Rent Officer is independent of the Council, and is part of the Valuation Office Agency (VOA). Please see the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk or call 0845 0264 696 for more information.
- Refused Planning Permission
Appeals against refusal of planning permission or against conditions placed on a grant of planning permission are dealt with by The Planning Inspectorate.
Website: For more information visit Planning Applicationsor the Government's Planning Portal
Telephone: 0117 372 6372
Address: Room 3/05 Kite Wing, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN
- Social Care Services (Children and Adults)
Website: Social Care Complaints
Telephone: 0115 87 65974
- School Admission or Exclusion Appeal
Please contact the Children's Services Admissions and Exclusion Team
Website: Education and Schools
Telephone: 0115 915 0763
- School Complaints
The Local Authority is not responsible for the day to day running of schools. Therefore please contact the school's Head Teacher or Chair of Governors.
Website: Visit Complaints about schools for details of the school complaints procedure
- Penalty Charge Notice Appeals
Please contact Parking Appeals Services
Website: How to Challenge Your Parking Penalty
Telephone: 0115 915 6655
Address: Processing and Enforcement Services, PO Box 10169, Nottingham, NG1 9HS
- Fixed Penalty Disputes - Environmental Crimes (including dog-fouling)
Please contact Processing and Enforcement Services
Website: Processing and Enforcement Services
Telephone: 0115 876 1499
- Penalty Charge Notice - Bus Lane Contravention
Dispute a penalty charge notice for bus lane contravention
Please contact: Processing and Enforcement Services
Website: CCTV bus lane and camera enforcement
Telephone: 0115 876 1499
- Police Complaint
Any appeal against the exercise of a police power:
Website: Nottinghamshire Police complaints
- Refusal of Disabled Parking Badges
A complaint about the refusal of disabled badges for parking exemption. Please contact Blue Badge Enforcement.
Website: Disabled Blue Badges
Telephone: 0115 915 6655
- Anti-Social Behaviour Complaint
Website: Nottingham Community Protection online
Telephone: 0115 9152020
- Nottingham City Homes Complaint
Please contact the Nottingham City Homes Customer Relations Team
Website: Nottingham City Homes customer care
Telephone: 0115 915 7400
- Resident Permits/Dispensation Access Permits
Appeals regarding Resident Permits/Dispensation Access Permits please contact: Processing & Enforcement Services
Website: Parking Permits
Telephone: 0115 876 14 99 (Option 4)
Address: Residents Parking, Processing & Enforcement Services, PO Box 10169, Nottingham, NG1 9HS
Once your complaint has been investigated after Stage 4, or Stage 3 if we do not escalate, and you're still not satisfied, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman and ask them to look at your complaint.
You can contact them in the following ways:
By Post: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
By Phone: 0300 061 0614 (Mon-Fri, 8.30am to 5pm)
Text: 0762 480 4299
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Make a comment on this service