Share this page
On this site
A public transport 'on the move guide'
Moving home or business to Nottingham? The 'on the move guide' can help you or your employees find out about the options available to get to and from home and work by public transport.
A public transport guide to Nottingham for new movers
If you're moving to Nottingham we'll let you into a secret. The public transport system is excellent - it's official!
Over 87% of users like it, one of the highest rankings in the country. It comes only second to shopping as a reason for enjoying living in Nottingham. Use has gone up by 8% in just 5 years.
There's a brand new tram system, seven park and ride sites and a comprehensive high quality bus network.
Take a look - its easy
- Click here for information on new movers
- Click here for information on did you know?
- Click here for information to find out more about on the move
Our new tram route and park and rides speak for themselves. After just 5 years the tram is now carrying over 10 million passengers a year. The Park and Ride sites provide nearly 5000 spaces, with Park & Ride for as little as £2 per day.
You might not know that Nottingham also has an excellent comprehensive bus network, moving 50 million people a year.
The 'bus facts' speak for themselves:
- Use has increased by over 7% since 2000.
- Use per person higher than anywhere in the UK outside London
- Bus satisfaction levels of over 80% amongst users
- Bus services run every 10-15 minutes along 35 main route
- Services run through to midnight on 20 main routes, plus into the small hours.
- Excellent punctuality and reliability
- 20km of bus lanes, including throughout the City Centre
- Unlimited travel for around £2 per day.
- 85% of households have regular daytime services to the City Centre, employment sites, hospitals and universities (Univeristy of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University).
- All buses are under 5 years old along main routes.
- Brand new waiting facilities at all main bus stops
- Over £2m is invested each year on all areas of bus travel.