Share this page
On this site
Using maps allows us to convey a lot of information in an easily understandable format. We have therefore developed a number of mapping applications to help you find information about the area you live in and the facilities you use and visit in and around Nottingham.
- Adopted Highways Register
- Conservation Areas
- Find a school near me
- Find my polling station
- Find planning applications near me
- Gritting routes and grit bins
- My Property
- Nottingham Energy Calculator
- Report a problem
- Travelwise live data map
- Workplace Parking Levy locator
Insight Mapping allows you to explore mapping, data and associated information for Nottingham and the surrounding County.
Insight Mapping succeeds the previous 'NOMAD' website and provides many developments and advancements, including:
- 'Slippy' maps functionality (pan and zoom like Google Maps)
- Larger map window
- Ability to draw on the map and create selections
- View aerial photography and historical mapping as well as Google Street View and Bing Bird's eye view
- Create and print PDF maps
Nottingham Insight is a shared evidence base facility that provides access to data, information and intelligence about Nottingham and the surrounding area.
By hosting resources including data, analysis, mapping, reports, policy and other documents, Nottingham Insight aims to benefit local authorities, partner organisations and all people interested in the growth and development of Nottingham and the surrounding area.
Open Data Nottingham has been created to support and facilitate Nottingham City Council's commitment to freeing up Nottingham's data.
We want citizens to be able to use the data that is held within this site - free of charge - in innovative ways to create useful websites, apps and mobile products which people find really useful.
The aims of Open Data Nottingham are to:
- Promote the open data agenda within Nottingham
- Facilitate the discovery, understanding and reuse of data
- Encourage the development of data sharing amongst other organisations
- Promote the local developer community
- Promote local achievements and developments that have taken advantage of Open Data Nottingham
- Provide associated support and guidance in maximising the potential of open data
The 'My Property' application has been developed so that you can quickly find information on facilities and services for the area of Nottingham City that you live in.
Type an address into 'My Property' to find and view information including the following:
- Information on services and facilities available nearest to where you live
- Events and activities in your local community and throughout Nottingham
- Contact details for your Council, local Councillors and representative MPs
Use this online application to report concerns and issues to Nottingham City Council relating to your street or the area where you live.
You can make reports or raise concerns regarding the following issues:
- Street cleansing
- Enviro-crimes such as fly tipping or graffiti
- Request grass or hedge cutting
- Highways issues - including pot-holes, pavement defects and street furniture and signage concerns
- Report problems relating to parks, gardens and open spaces such as damage to trees or playground surfaces
Use the 'Find a school near me' application to identify which Nottingham City Primary School catchment area your home falls into.
As well as identifying your Primary School catchment area, this application provides access to other related information, such as:
- Ofsted inspection reports and exam results
- Whether the school was over-subscribed last year
- School transport and travel information
This application allows you to search for planning applications registered by Nottingham City Council at or near a particular address.
You can use this application to...
- Identify whether any planning applications have been made relating to a particular address and in an area
- Contribute comments to current applications
- View documentation relating to registered planning applications
- See where Listed Buildings and Ancient Monuments are located
Use this application to identify whether a highway within Nottingham City is maintained by the Council.
- This application allows you to investigate which roads, streets, footpaths and adjacent verges are 'adopted' and are therefore the responsibility of Nottingham City Council in terms of maintenance and repair.
- This helps to fulfil the Council's requirement under section 36 of the Highways Act 1980 to keep a register of streets which are "...highways maintainable at the public expense." And that "...may be inspected by any person..."
This Energy Calculator online tool has been developed to provide information to Nottingham City residents on low carbon and energy-saving technologies for the home.
The Energy Calculator could reduce your energy bills by...
- Detailing how your home would benefit from more insulation
- Identifying whether your home is suitable for solar panels
- Providing information on assistance and support for implementing energy efficiency measures
- Use this application to find out where your polling station is to vote in upcoming elections
- Launch the application, define an address and see a map showing the polling station you should use
- Use this application to see if an employment address is within the Nottingham City Council administrative area, and therefore potentially liable to the Workplace Parking Levy (WPL)
- The application also provides a link to further resources relating to the WPL and how it is administered
This mapping application allows you to identify the Conservation Areas within Nottingham City.
Use the application to...
- View all Conservation Areas within the City
- Search for a specific Conservation Area
- Find more information on what Conservation Areas are and planning controls that relate to these
This application shows where Nottingham City Council minimises the effects of snow and ice on roads and pavements through the use of gritting routes and grit bins.
This mapping application includes the following functionality:
- View roads which are on gritting routes
- Pedestrian areas that are on gritting routes
- View the location of grit bins
- Submit a relevant comment for a particular location
Nottingham's Travelwise website provide live traffic and travel information for Nottinghamshire.
The mapping element of the Travelwise site provides information on the following:
- Road works
- Traffic camera CCTV footage
- Car parks
- Over 40 other mappable travel-related datasets
Nottingham City Council's GIS, Data & Information Team* work in partnerships throughout Nottinghamshire to provide access to location-based information - maps and data - for residents, visitors, local authorities staff, partner organisations and businesses. (*'GIS' stands for Geographical Information Systems)
- GIS, Data & Information Team
Nottingham City Council
Floor 4, Loxley House
Nottingham NG2 3NG
- Phone:(0115) 8764001
- Fax:(0115) 8763132