Share this page
On this site
No Cold Calling Zones
These zones help residents who suffer long-standing problems with doorstep sellers.
- No Cold Calling Zones must be set up with community agreement. They can't be imposed from outside, the residents must all agree that they want a Zone
- They have to be quite small areas, such as a street or road. They can't be a whole area or estate
- Both the Police and Trading Standards are involved in setting them up
- Residents are given information and support to help them challenge doorstep callers and to know who to contact to report problems
- Metal signs are put on the lamp-posts, warning sellers that they are in a No Cold Calling Zone
Research carried out with the residents of the first three zones in Nottingham showed that 83% of residents felt safer since the zone was created.
Would you like a No Cold Calling Zone on your street?
Contact Trading Standards by clicking here to fill in our Trading Standards Feedback Form. Please put No Cold Calling Zone in the Comments box.