Local Tip, Waste and Recycling Centre
Restrictions for Reopen
- The number of vehicles allowed on site at any time (one in, one out) is limited and visits should only be made if waste disposal is essential and unavoidable (i.e. waste cannot be stored safely at home).
- Members of the public should not visit the HWRC if they are:
- extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- in a 14-day household isolation
- Should if possible wear gloves/ face masks and as a minimum hand sanitise before and after using the site
- Opening hours are 8am to 6pm, seven days a week. No appointment necessary but people should be prepared to queue or be turned away if demand is too great or cars are blocking the public highway.
- Members of the public should abide by social distancing guidelines at all times
- Cars should have no more than two occupants. A driver’s licence must be shown to prove city residency
- Please avoid bringing excessive amounts of waste, so we can get people in and out as quickly as possible to help reduce queue times.
Vans/car/MPV derived vans with a GVW above 2,495kg can only access the centre after 1pm until close at 6pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Please note the site may shut early if queues are too long. Car drivers should note this time will be busier.
- On site staff will not be able to assist the public with heavy or bulky items. Members of the public should only bring items they can safely unload and manage themselves or with one other occupant of the car.
Reduced waste types being accepted
The site will only be accepting garden waste, cardboard/paper, wood, metals, waste electrical and electronic equipment and general household/bulky waste.
This reduction in material types is to ensure social distancing measures are adhered to, allowing the site to operate safely and move people through as safely and quickly as possible.
During this time we will not be accepting Rubble/brick etc., plasterboard or gas bottles
Pedestrian and bicycle access to Recycling Centres
Unfortunately, to maintain distancing for the safety of site users and staff, sites will not be accessible by foot at this time.
Waste and recycling centre location
Lenton Industrial Estate,
Lenton Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Lenton Industrial Estate