Support for Children with Learning Needs
Schools, pupils and families from foundation stage to the end of Key Stage 4.
What We Do
- Support schools to implement the requirements of the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice and respond to local and national initiatives
- Support assessment of pupils' learning difficulties, including Dyslexia
- Support target setting, monitoring and reviewing of pupil progress
- Work alongside school-based staff and model good practice
- Advice on strategies and resources to increase access to the curriculum
- Support the transition process from nursery to Foundation and across the Key Stages
Training and Development Opportunities
We also offer a range of training and development opportunities for groups of schools and individual schools including:
- Implementing the requirements of the SEN Code of Practice
- Developing the use of signs and symbols
- Developing social and language skills
- Supporting the development of pupil voice in the SEN process
- Promoting Dyslexia Friendly schools
- Extending the use of ICT for pupils with additional needs
How We Work
We work in every City school sessions and allocate our time according to need.
We are committed to working in partnership with a range of professionals, voluntary organisations, parent and pupils.
How to Access our Services
For further information please contact:
Tel: 0115 876 5311