Business and IP Centre
If you’re thinking of starting a business or need support to grow your business, check out our programme of events and book your place. All events are at Central Library.
We’ve got lots of exciting events planned at Business & IP Centre Nottingham.
Coming up in May. Click the links for details and booking:
- One to one: Smorgasbord Business Surgery Wednesday 1 May, 9.30am to 1.15pm
- One to one: IP Clinic with Potter Clarkson Wednesday 1 May, 9.30am to 1.15pm
- Workshop: Explore Enterprise with the Prince’s Trust Tues 14 and Wed 15 May, 10am to 4pm
An introduction to this programme for 18 to 30 year olds not in full-time employment.
For more information or to book a place, click the link above to visit the Prince’s Trust Facebook page or call 0116 255 0400
- One to one: Smorgasbord Business Surgery Wednesday 8 May, 9.30am to 1.15pm
- One to one: Smorgasbord Business Surgery Wednesday 15 May, 9.30am to 1.15pm
- Inspiring Entrepreneurs: Recipes for Success Tuesday 21 May, 6pm to 8.30pm, doors open 5.30pm
Screening of British Library event with a panel of famous names from the food industry, preceded by an introduction to the Food and Drink forum and an opportunity to hear the story behind 200 Degrees from one of its’ founders.
- Workshop: My Business My Way ‘Book Club’ Monday 3 June, 10am to 11.30am
The launch of a monthly group working through the My Business My Way toolkit from the University of Nottingham.
- Workshop: How to do your own PR with Mary Murtagh Ltd Tuesday 4 June, 10am to 12pm
‘How to do your own PR’ lifts the lid on how to get your business in print, on radio and broadcast on TV.
Date for your diary: The next Inspiring Entrepreneurs screening, Recipes for Success, will be Tuesday 21 May. Details to follow.
COBRA (or Complete Business Resource Advisor) is an online resource packed with information about setting up in business. It includes:
- Factsheets on a wide range of business ideas
- Information about legal considerations and insurance
- Signposting to regulatory bodies and sources of business support
- Information about trade events and key organisations in each sector
- News and trend reports for different sectors
- Local area profiles
Access it in the library or at home. (City library card needed for remote access).
Links to trusted local and national organisations who can help you to start and grow your business are on Information4Living.
The Creative Quarter is one of the delivery partners for the Big House Programme, supporting creative and digital businesses across Nottingham and Derby. We host introductions to the project and one-off workshops such as digital marketing. https://bighouse.org.uk/
D2N2 Growth Hub
D2N2 Growth Hub supports business growth across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. The Nottingham team run weekly surgeries and one-off workshops on a range of topics. https://www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk/
Potter Clarkson are Intellectual Property specialists based in Nottingham city centre, able to advise on patents, trademarks, copyright, how to protect your ideas and how to stop someone else using them! The IP Clinic runs on the first Tuesday of the month. https://www.potterclarkson.com/
The Prince’s Trust run an Enterprise programme supporting young people aged 18-30 in exploring self employment and gaining the tools and knowledge to run a successful business. Their 2-day introductory workshop runs monthly in the Centre. https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/support-starting-business
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...