Temporarily Occupying the Highway
A new FAST TRACK Outdoor Space Application form has been designed to support businesses to operate safely with all the necessary measures in place. A licence WILL be required for ALL outdoor seating, setting up of barriers, chairs, tables, stalls or queuing areas on the Highway.
Existing Highway Amenity Licence Holders
- Existing licence holders who wish to renew their existing licence before 31/12/20, will be required to apply for a free temporary Fast Track Outdoor Space Area Licence (subject to Government Covid-19 guidance).
- On expiry of the fast track licence, the annual amenity licence will need to be renewed by the current process (stated below). The cost of the annual amenity licence is £150.
- Proof of public liability insurance up to £5 million will be required.
- The Fast Track licence application form below should be completed for this activity and emailed to Network Management on the email below.
New Businesses Applying for a Fast Track Licence
- A Fast Track Outdoor Space Area application form will need to be completed and forwarded to the Network Management Team with proof of public liability insurance up to £5 million.
- This will be provided free of charge until the 31/12/20. Should the licence holder wish to continue with this temporary arrangement a new application will need to be made, from 01/01/21 and will be subject to a £300 charge.
- The Fast Track Outdoor Space Area licence does not grant permission to consume alcohol on the highway. Applications/variations to alcohol licences will need to be applied for independently and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Shannon Baird/Katie Jones
Contact details for enquiries are:
Clair Thurman 0115 8764602 Email: Highway.Management@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Network Management For: Fast Track Outdoor Space Applications.
Shannon Baird/Katie Jones Email: email@example.com
Licensing, Community Protection For: Alcohol Licences.
A licence is required to have an area with tables and chairs on the highway outside of your premises.
The application involves a consultation period in which your furniture and barriers must be approved by the Authority.
New Highways Amenities Application form and Guidance
If you wish to apply for a Highways Amenities Licence please complete and submit your application to:
Highways Network and Management Traffic and Safety
Your application must be accompanied by a plan of your proposed area, Public Liability Insurance and the fee of £300
Renewal of Highways Amenities Licence:
You must renew your Highways Amenities Licence in good time prior to the expiry date. Failure to renew your licence will result in a lapse of licence and the furniture being removed from the highway.
In the case that you have failed to renew your licence, a new application form will need to be submitted as stated above.
If you wish to apply for the renewal of your Highways Amenities Licence please complete and submit your application to:
Central Police Station
Maid Marian Way
Your application must be accompanied by a plan of your current licensed area, Public Liability Insurance and the fee of £150