Contacting Licensing/Taxi Licensing | CONTACT: The Taxi and General Licensing Department currently are not accepting and monitoring phone calls or voicemail messages. For General Licensing queries relating Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and Regulatory and Miscellaneous Provisions please contact For Taxi Licensing related enquiries please contact Please avoid duplicating your emails, your email will be responded to as soon as possible. PAYMENTS: As of 1st April 2023 the Licensing Authority will not be accepting cheques as a form of payment. If the application is made online by the .GOV application service then the payment shall be made at that time. Should you make an application by email or post then you must provide a relevant contact number in order for payment to be taken over the phone.

Variation on designated premises 

Here you will find guidance notes and advice on the process of applying to vary the Designated Premises Supervisor including a list of licensing solicitors and specialists.

A variation of the licence is necessary when the current Designated Premises Supervisor leaves the premises. This application must be made by the premises licence holder. Signed consent will be required from the new Designated Premises Supervisor and must accompany the application.

A Designated Premises Supervisor (who is also a personal licence holder), is required in licensed premises in order to authorise the sale of alcohol.

Before applying please read the guidance notes thoroughly.

Apply for variation on certificate online

The current fee is £23.00

For further information please contact the licensing office on 0115 876 1752.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No tacit consent is applicable to this type of application. If you have not been advised by us within a reasonable time following the end of any notice period for the application then please contact us.

Contact Us

Commercial and Operations Licensing
Central Police Station
Byron House
Maid Marian Way

Tel: 0115 915 6571

Is there anything wrong with this page?