Inform us of a change

If there are any changes in your household or personal circumstances you must inform us immediately as they may affect the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support that you receive.

Report a change in circumstances


Personal Changes (You and Your Partner)

  • If you stop receiving Income Support, Job Seekers' Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
  • If someone living with you, aged 18 or over, starts or stops work
  • If someone you look after stops getting Attendance Allowance
  • The Birth of a child
  • Starting or leaving work
  • Changing your working hours
  • If you receive any new income or benefits
  • Changing from one benefit to another
  • Changes in savings (increase or decrease)
  • Changes in income (increase or decrease)
  • If any of your children leave school or leave home

Housing Changes

  • If you move house
  • Other people moving in or out of your home
  • Change in rent charge (if private tenant)

Other Changes

  • If you or your partner go into hospital
  • If you get married or register a Civil Partnership
  • If you or your partner are going to be away for more than one month

All of the above are examples, so if you have any other changes to your circumstances that you think may affect your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support tell us anyway and we'll check it for you.

A full list of the documents we accept as proof of a change in your circumstance can be found here:

Providing Proof

When you report a change in circumstances you will need to provide proof of the change.

By Email

You can email scanned or photographed documents to  

  • Include your claim reference number or National Insurance number
  • The document or photo should be less than 10mb in size

In Person

You can bring your documents along to any of the following contact centres.

Customer Hub
Loxley House
Trent Street

Opening Times

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 5pm

Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm

Our Revenues and Benefits  "24-hour telephone self service" 
helpline 0115 7184444 is available whenever you need it to answer all of your frequently asked questions.

You can also use our self-service facility to make a payment through our automated payment line, tell us about any changes in your circumstances or leave us a message.

Ask here information desk at one of the four Joint Service Centres

  • Bulwell Riverside Centre Main Street, Bulwell, Nottingham NG6 8QJ
  • The Clifton Cornerstone Southchurch Drive, Clifton, Nottingham NG11 8EW
  • The Mary Potter Centre 76 Gregory Boulevard, Hyson Green, Nottingham NG7 5HY
  • St. Ann's Valley Centre 2 Livingstone Road, St Ann's, Nottingham NG3 3GG


Contact Us

Customer Hub
Loxley House
Trent Street


Tel: 0115 718 1777 (Council Tax) or  0115 718 4444 (Benefits)

Is there anything wrong with this page?