Public Space CCTV in Nottingham
CCTV is an effective tool to make Nottingham City Centre a safer place to work, live and visit. The council has a responsibility not only to develop community safety plans but also to consider the impact of all their policies on the following:
- Anti-social behaviour (ASB)
- Improve security.
- Substance misuse
Nottingham City Council provides a comprehensive range of services across the public safety spectrum, which include:
- Community Protection Enforcement,
- Housing Enforcement,
- Licensing and Cleansing.
The Nottingham Control Centre
The Nottingham Control Centre is based at Woodlands in Radford. It manages the public space cameras of Nottingham City Council.
- There are 229 public space cameras covering Nottingham City;
- 215 are monitored continuously with operatives in direct communication with Nottinghamshire Police.
- The remaining 14 require the operator to dial into the camera to view, and airtime is used to be able to undertake live viewings.
More information about CCTV Guidance can be found on the GOV.UK Website below
CCTV guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk
- You can click here to download the Nottingham City Council CCTV Policy
- Clicking the link will download the Annual Audit City will wide Public Space Camera Evaluation 2021