Coronavirus | Please be aware that due to the current outbreak of COVID-19, the School Admissions Team are currently working remotely and so have limited resources. We are working to the best of our abilities to continuously provide a good level of service, however we have a reduced telephone service, operating from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm Monday to Wednesday only. Our reception service will not be available for the foreseeable future. We would appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, and we recognise that our service is of high importance to you. We are also contactable via email and if your email requires a response, we will reply as soon as we can.

Changing Schools 

If you have moved address, just arrived in Nottingham, or if you want your child to change schools, you can use this page to apply online.

We aim to process applications within 4 weeks of being received. However, when dealing with high volumes of applications, allocating school places can take longer especially in areas where there are very few in-year vacancies. During school holidays decisions can be delayed due to schools being closed. 

Apply for a new school place

Completing this form should take around 10 minutes.

To complete this form you will need.

  • Your contact details
  • Address
  • Name, address and date of birth of a child 
Apply for a new school place here

Please do not contact for a decision on your application until 4 weeks have passed.

A paper application form is also available from the School Admissions Team.

Pupils moving into the Nottingham Area

Do not apply for a Nottingham City school place too early. We aim to process applications within 4 weeks and, if your child is offered a school place, we give schools 10 school days to admit the child. Therefore, you should apply to a school place no earlier than approximately 7 school weeks before when the school place is required.

Pupils arriving from overseas

In most cases, children arriving from overseas have the right to attend schools in England.  It is the responsibility of parents to check that their children have a right, under their visa entry conditions, to study at a school. Overseas nationals entering the UK who wish to apply for a state-funded school to check that they have a right of abode or the conditions of their visas otherwise permit them to access a state-funded school.

Until 31 December 2020, all European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and Swiss national children will continue to have the right, under UK immigration law, to enter the country to access a school. Any EEA or Swiss national arriving in the UK by 31 December 2020 is eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, and continue to be able to study in schools in England as they do now if their application is successful.

To comply with their visa terms, foreign national children and young people (including EEA nationals entering the UK after 31 December 2020) who are entering on a Tier 4 child or Tier 4 student visa must, when accessing education in England, study at the independent school, sixth form college or further education college which is sponsoring them. Applications for children living outside the UK will only be considered once the date of arrival and an address in the UK has been confirmed.

Supplementary Forms for Nottingham City Church Schools

Some schools have a supplementary forms that should be completed as well as the common application form. These forms can be submitted by clicking on the green button below.

Supplementary forms

For the schools listed below, different arrangements may apply and parents are advised to speak directly to the school/academy concerned.

  • Bluecoat Aspley Academy
  • Bluecoat Wollaton Academy
  • Bluecoat Beechdale Academy
  • Ellis Guilford
  • Farnborough Academy
  • Fernwood School
  • Firbeck Primary Academy
  • Djanogly City Academy
  • Nottingham Academy
  • Nottingham Girls' Academy
  • Nottingham Emmanuel School
  • Nottingham Free School
  • Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology
  • Oakwood Academy
  • Park Vale Academy (formerly known as Top Valley Academy)

For any school listed above, you must contact the school or academy directly to make an application.

If you wish to apply to a school not located within Nottingham City you must contact the relevant Local Authority directly to ask for an application form.

Please note that if you wish to apply for a nursery or post-16 school place you should apply directly to the school concerned. For advice on nursery provision, you can contact the Families Information Service and for advice on the post-16 provision, you can contact Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Futures.

Your child must continue to attend their present school until they are admitted to another school (unless they can no longer get there due to a change of area). If they do not, a referral may be made to the Education Welfare Service.

Finding a School

If you have moved to a new area you can find out more about catchment school and other local schools on our interactive map

Contact Us

Schools Admissions
Loxley House
Station Street

Email Us

Is there anything wrong with this page?