The Commercial, Infrastructure and Energy Directorate
The Commercial, Infrastructure and Energy Directorate brings together an ambitious team focusing on energy, highways and waste disposal.
The Directorate is responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the energy, road and waste disposal infrastructures for Nottingham City. This includes:
- the largest district heat network in the UK, serving 5000 homes and over 100 businesses with low carbon heat and power. This is powered by the waste incineration plant burning c.180,000 of domestic and commercial waste per annum. Find out more about the network Enviroenergy
- teams leading on UK strategies to increase energy efficiencies and alleviate fuel poverty, driving down energy usage, cutting carbon emissions from the council’s buildings; project managing, installing renewable generation and energy efficiency measures (e.g. solar panel installations) and delivering large scale domestic efficiency programmes for both social and private housing
- developing and maintaining the City's road and energy network
- Principle Contractor role delivering key construction, energy infrastructure and mechanical and electrical projects for Nottingham
- policy development on all aspects of energy and sustainability across the city
These services have a major impact on some of the City's key issues and priorities such as mitigating climate change, tackling fuel poverty and having a sustainable and efficient transport network.
For further information on the Highways Service Report Problems and Find out about Highways Services
We can provide a wide range of our services commercially for the benefit of local organisations
Infrastructure Design and Construction
You can employ us directly to undertake a variety of functions including, highway civil engineering, structural drainage and traffic signal design, traffic and pedestrian management, data collection and project management.
We have a range of commercial services available to both residents and businesses that can help to reduce energy bills and improve the energy efficiency of homes and businesses.
Strategies that the directorate leads on are
City Transport strategies and projects we support