Skip to main content

Apply for a premises licence or make changes to an existing licence.

If you intend to sell alcohol, provide late-night refreshments or regulated entertainment’ from a particular venue in Nottingham, then you must have a licence.

The types of businesses and organisations that need alcohol licences might include:

  • Pubs and bars
  • Cinemas and Theatres
  • Nightclubs
  • Late-opening Cafés
  • Takeaways
  • Village and community halls
  • Supermarkets

You can find out more about alcohol Licensing, legislation and responsible authorities, by clicking below.

Premise licence application

Completing this service should take around 20 minutes.

To complete this service you will need.

  • You must submit an operating schedule, a premises plan, and a consent form from the premises supervisor (if the sale of alcohol is included in the licensable activities).
  • You must also advertise their application and provide a copy to all relevant responsible authorities.
  • Please note that the minimum age requirement to apply for this licence is 18 years old.
  • Please read our Guidance Notes:

Click below to access related documents

How to apply

  • Click below to apply on the GOV.UK website.
  • Follow the instructions to download, edit and submit the application

Fee Guidance 

(When applying, a current fee may be mentioned on the Gov Page).
Visit: Main fee levels - GOV.UK (

Apply Online for a Premises Licence (GOV.UK)

Other Applications

Club premises certificates

Review of Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate

Applications for changes to a premises licence

If you would like to make a change to your premises licence

Contact us

Licensing Manager
Humber Building
Eastcroft Depot
London Road

Contact Us Online
Was this page helpful?

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. If you need a response please contact us.