This facility is for use by Nottingham City residents only. When visiting you may be asked to produce your driving licence, as proof of being a City resident.
Lenton Industrial Estate,
The centre is open every day of the year except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. The opening times vary depending on the time of year:
- January and February: 8am to 4pm
- March: 8am to 6pm
- April to September: 8am to 8pm
- October: 8am to 6pm
- November and December: 8am to 4pm
Last admittance is half an hour before close.
The following items can be taken:
- Car batteries
- Flat glass
- Fluorescent tubes
- Food tins and drinks cans
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles
- General/bulky waste (excluding food, animal waste etc.)
- Hardcore and rubble
- Large appliances
- Mixed glass, bottles and jars
- Mixed paper and card
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Small appliances
- Tapes and disks
- TV's and monitors
- Used engine oil
- Wood and timber
Rubbish from businesses cannot be taken to the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is not required.
Please note we don't accept any trade waste at all so using a commercial vehicle for your own waste means you are likely to be questioned unless there is no relevance between the waste and the business.
If you have undertaken home improvements yourself and have waste such as plaster, cement, rubble, tiles, bathroom suites and windows then you can dispose of these at our Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Some DIY materials are restricted. A household will be allowed to dispose of no more than the following in any one visit:
- Soil, bricks, rubble – 2 x 50ltr rubble bags
- Bathroom suite, bulky items – 1 item
- Windows – 1 complete unit
DIY bulky or fitted items no larger than 2,000mm by 750mm by 700mm (the approximate size of a bathtub or shower screen).
Examples of DIY bulky items
For example 1 item of the following:
- Concrete posts and lintels or gravel boards
- Plasterboard sheets (not bagged)
- Bathtub, Sink (Inc. pedestal), Shower screen
To use our recycling centre, you must:
- Live in Nottingham City, and not one of districts of the County
- Have waste from your own home - if you rent out houses or flats you cannot dispose of this at our recycling centre as it is regarded as trade waste, which is not accepted
- Have created the waste yourself - if you have waste from work carried out by a commercial business (e.g. building waste) it is their responsibility to remove the waste.
You may only use our recycling centre with the following types of vehicle:
- Car (with or without single or double-axle trailer, maximum size 3 m length by 2 m wide), with a GVW under 2.5 tonnes
- Van or minibus
You cannot use our recycling centre with the following types of vehicle:
- Van with any trailer
- Pick-up with any trailer
- Horsebox or any other vehicle used to transport horses or other animals.
Documents to Download
Lenton Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Lenton Industrial Estate