There are sixteen Changing Places toilets in Nottingham, providing enough space for disabled people and their carers, and the right equipment, including a height adjustable changing bench and a hoist.
Did you know that standard disabled toilets do not meet the needs of all people with a disability - or their carers? Inadequate, inaccessible facilities can create barriers to people with disabilities getting out and about.
But Nottingham City has fifteen of the new style fully accessible toilets called "Changing Places" toilets.
Location of Changing Places Toilets in Nottingham
- In the City Centre at Greyhound Street, just off Old Market Square
- Ken Martin Leisure Centre
- Wollaton Park
- The Mary Potter Centre
- Nottingham Contemporary
- Djanogly Community Leisure Centre
- Nottingham Capital FM Arena
- Victoria Leisure Centre
- Bulwell Riverside Joint Service Centre
- Nottingham Hospital NHS Trust - QMC and City Hospital
- Forest Recreation Ground
- Nottingham Railway Station
- Intu Victoria Shopping Centre
- Harvey Hadden Sports Village
- David Ross Sports Village, University of Nottingham
Changing Places toilets include the following facilities:
- A height adjustable changing bench and washbasin
- A hoist system to lift people between wheelchairs and the toilet
- Enough space to ensure the bench and toilet can be approached from either side
For Health and Safety reasons we do not provide slings. Customers are asked to bring their own which should be compatible with the loop system.
By providing enough space, privacy and appropriate equipment, Nottingham City Council is supporting carers to look after people with disabilities in dignified and hygienic conditions without endangering their own health. Putting careful thought into the design of toilet facilities can open up a world of possibilities for people with severe disabilities - ensuring everybody can get out and about to enjoy the city.
View this video of Bethan and Lowri enjoying a day out in Nottingham thanks to the Greyhound Street Changing Places toilet.
If you would like further information about the Changing Places toilets, please ring 0115 915 2000.