Searching for a new home
If you know you could be homeless, there are many things you can do to help find a place. You can find a private rented home by looking on the internet and searching for 'private landlords' or 'letting agents in Nottingham'.
Letting websites such as Rightmove and Zoopla provide properties listed by letting agents and landlords. You can filter your results by price range and location. For more information, click on the link below to visit their website.
- Rightmove - UK's number one property website for properties for sale and rent
- Zoopla - Search Property to Buy, Rent, House Prices, and Estate Agents
- OnTheMarket | Property, Houses & Flats for Sale & to Rent
Nottingham Homelink is a ‘choice-based’ lettings scheme where you ‘bid’ for properties. Homelink is a partnership between Nottingham Housing Services, Nottingham City Council and 12 registered providers (sometimes known as ‘housing associations’).
Please note there is a limited number of Council properties available, and under the law, the Council does not have to make an offer of Council housing.
- Visit the Nottingham HomeLink website to find more on Housing to rent via Housing Association - HomeLink Website
What if I don't have access to a computer
All our libraries offer free computer access and Wi-Fi for Nottingham City residents. Library staff are also happy to help you get online.
- You can book a computer at Nottingham City Libraries by visiting Nottingham City Libraries' webpage
Private renting advice
Our Housing team have created a guide to help tenants when finding a home or already living in the private rented sector:
- Visit Private Rented Accommodation - Nottingham City Council Page