Nottingham has a proud history of support for the Armed Forces and the men and women from the city who have served their country.
In recent years, Nottingham has hosted the National Armed Forces Day event, one of the biggest and best. Along with Nottinghamshire County Council, we became one of the first councils to sign an Armed Forces Community Covenant pledging practical help for local military communities.
- You can find more information by clicking on the Armed Forces Day Website
- An article is available about when Nottingham Hosted the Fifth National event, to read click Annual Armed Forces Day 2013 - GOV.UK
- More information on the Armed Forces Community Covenant and its impact can be found here.
- Armed Forces day regional events - This has been held at Wollaton park every year. Visit Wollaton Hall Website
This page provides links to the support available nationally and locally for Armed Forces veterans.
Do you need help from the council?
If you are a Veteran and need help for yourself or your family you can request support by using the link below. We can offer help and advice for housing, employment, education and any health concerns you may have.
At risk of becoming homeless? - Please contact Housing Aid, click here for details.
Forces in the Community - Nottingham Based
Forces in the Community is a local charity committed to supporting ex-service personnel through employment guidance, housing advice, mental health support and provides a supportive environment in which to develop. The charity supports the clients and their families, who are often disadvantaged and at a point of crisis in their lives.
Their primary focus is on helping clients to gain employment. We identify transferable skills, 'civilianise' military language, provide CV writing advice and interview guidance, liaise with employers and provide job search .-
The Forces in the Community drop-in centre is open Monday to Thursday from 10.30am until 3pm. Appointment only on Friday. and is mainly by volunteers, all of whom have some connection to the military. The Centre is located at:
2 Cross Street
- Phone: 0115 922 0320
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Charity Supporting Veterans | Forces in the Community
Veterans UK - National
- Veteran's Gateway - Information, advice and support for veterans and their families. We’re still here for you 24/7. And we’re also the first point of contact for all your welfare needs. From healthcare and housing to employability, and more. We refer you directly to our vetted partners. Get in touch for our unique support.
- Veterans Aid - Terms all the charity’s activities revolve around helping ex-servicemen and women in crisis.
- Veterans UK - The Ministry of Defence’s Veterans UK helpline provides assistance on many issues including benefits, housing and welfare.
You can find more information by clicking the link and visiting the Veterans UK Webpages (GOV.UK). It provides a range of useful information including:
You can get in touch with Veterans UK 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to put you in touch with the help you need, or direct you to the information you are looking for.
- Telephone 0808 191 4218.
- Email at email@example.com
Royal British Legion - National
The Royal British Legion (RBL) provides information, advice and guidance to help the Armed Forces community find and access the support they need. They help members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, Reservists, veterans and their families all year round.
You can find more information by clicking the link and visiting the Royal British Legion Website. It provides a range of useful information.
Royal British Legion can be contacted phone on 0808 802 8080, available 8am to 8pm, all week.
Members get together through the network of branches and clubs all over the country and overseas to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities.
Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association
We help and support those who serve in our Armed Forces and those who used to serve even if it was only for a single day. We also care for the families of both.
Find local and national services specifically for the armed forces on AskLion