Housing advice and resettlement service
Most prisons or youth detention accommodation centres have a housing advice and resettlement service. The probation service may also be able to help.
- They will help you submit your housing application and, if appropriate, arrange a phone assessment with a specially trained housing advisor
- The housing advisor can provide advice and information on your housing options
It’s important that you speak to a resettlement worker as soon as possible, which will allow you more time to prepare.
Prisons now have a Duty to Refer to us at Housing Options
Further information for Prison Leavers
- Visit: Crisis UK Prison leavers
- Visit: Homeless Link Working with prison leavers
- Visit: Shelter England Help with housing when you leave prison
Advice for Professionals
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Nottingham City Councils Housing Aid Alert Service.