Nottingham City Council is a democratic organisation, with 55 Councillors representing electors in the 20 electoral wards in the City of Nottingham. There is a local election every four years when all 55 seats are contested.
Find my Councillor
Enter your postcode below to find your Councillor.
Our 55 councillors represent the following parties:
- 50 Labour
- 3 Nottingham Independent
- 2 Independent
The Labour Group, with the most councillors, currently has control of the council.
Leader and Deputy Leader
The Executive is made up of the following councillors:
Councillor David Mellen - Portfolio Holder for Strategic Regeneration and Communications
Councillor Audra Wynter - Portfolio Holder for Finance and HR
Councillor Cheryl Barnard - Portfolio Holder for Children, Young People and Education
- Councillor Steve Battlemuch - Portfolio Holder for Skills, Growth, Economic Development and Property
- Councillor Jay Hayes - Portfolio Holder for Housing
- Councillor Corall Jenkins - Portfolio Holder for Energy, Environment and Waste Services and Parks
- Councillor Angela Kandola - Portfolio Holder for Highways, Transport and Planning
Councillor Pavlos Kotsonis - Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Culture
- Councillor Sajid Mohammed - Portfolio Holder for Neighbourhoods, Safety and Inclusion
Councillor Linda Woodings - Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care and Health
The following Executive Assistant Councillors, appointed to informally support portfolio holders:
Leader of Opposition Group
The leader of the main Opposition Group is Councillor Kevin Clarke
- Click here to find out more about Councillor Kevin Clarke
Councillors allowances under the Members' Allowances Scheme can be viewed in Governance Framework Document C.
Under The Local Authorities (Councillor allowances) (England) regulations 2001, Local Authorities are required to publish details of payments made to Councillors. This includes the basic allowance that all councillors receive, any Special Responsibility Allowances they receive for special roles such as Committee Chairmanships, Portfolio Holder roles and political group leadership, as well as any expenses paid for travel, subsistence and carers.
- Councillors Register of Payments 2010 to 2011
- Councillors Register of Payments 2011 to 2012
- Councillors Register of Payments 2012 to 2013
- Councillors Register of Payments 2013 to 2014
- Councillors Register of Payments 2014 to 2015
- Councillors Register of Payments 2015 to 2016
- Councillors Register of Payments 2016 to 2017
- Councillors Register of Payments 2017 to 2018
- Councillors Register of Payments 2018 to 2019
- Councillors Register of Payments 2019 to 2020
- Councillors Register of Payments 2020 to 2021
- Councillors Register of Payments 2021 to 2022
The above documents are published annually and detail the payments made to Councillors within a financial year.
Information about the Council's meetings and committees, including agendas and minutes.
Membership of all Nottingham City Council committees, boards, panels and joint bodies can be found in Governance Framework Documents I and J, which sit alongside the Council's Constitution.
- Please click here to view the Constitution.