Skip to main content


You will need a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises in Nottingham City.

Licensable activity includes:

  • Selling alcohol
  • Serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • Providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • Serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am

The application process is formally called ‘serving’ a Temporary Event Notice.

You’ll also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in your existing licence, for example, holding a wedding reception at a community centre.

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice

Completing this service should take around 20 minutes.

How to apply

  • Apply through the Gov.UK website
  • Read and follow instructions to download, complete and submit the application

Before you start, you might want to read our Guidance Notes:

Fee Guidance 

  • There is a fee of £21, which is not refundable if your TEN is rejected or refused for any reason
  • Pay online via the application process, 
Apply for a Temporary Event Notice

Here you will find a list of Responsible Authorities that need to be informed when applying for a Temporary Event Notice.

Nottinghamshire Police,
City Division Licensing Team,
Central Police Station,
Byron House,
Maid Marian Way,

Environmental Health (Pollution Control),
Central Police Station,
Fourth Floor,
Byron House,
Maid Marian Way,

Public Safety

For advice on public safety, event safety management, food safety and information on how to comply with health and safety and food legislation don't hesitate to get in touch with the Food and Health and Safety Team

Information and Guidance

Here you will find guidance notes and advice on the process for making a Temporary Event Notice. Click below to download the document.

Contact us

Licensing Manager
Humber Building
Eastcroft Depot
London Road

Contact Us Online
Was this page helpful?

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. If you need a response please contact us.