Before visiting a recycling site, please visit our Household Waste page to find out what you can and can't put in your household waste bins.
Local Recycling Sites
There is a network of local recycling sites across the city. You can take different items of household waste to be recycled at each of these sites.
What can be taken to the site
All of these items can be taken to your local recycling sites
- Food tins and drink cans
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Mixed paper and card
Care for Your Local Site
Sometimes, rubbish bags are dumped at your local recycling site. Not only does this make the site messy and harder to use, but it also means that the waste left, even if it is recyclable, will be treated as fly-tipping and will end up in a landfill.
- Fly tipping is unsightly and illegal and can result in a fine of up to £50,000.
- If you see fly-tipping at your site, please report it to us so we can trace the offenders and take further action.
Ideally, we need
- Vehicle registration number
- Date and time of the incident
- Information about what was dumped
- A description of the vehicle and offenders
You can report it by phone on 0115 915 2000
- To Find out where your nearest recycling site is, visit: Everything you need to know to Recycle More (recycle-more.co.uk)
Redfield Road Household Waste and Recycling Centre
To dispose of larger items, garden waste, textiles, rubble and more, visit the Local Tip - Waste and Recycling Centre Webpage below.
Have old clothes, useable goods and textiles? There are many options to recycle them without sending them to a landfill.
High Street Charities
High Street Charities are always calling out for stock. Find Charities in your area:
- Bulwell Charity Shops
- Mapperley Charity Shops
- Nottingham City Centre Charity Shops
- Radford Charity Shops
- Sherwood Charity Shops
- Sneinton Charity Shops
This is not an exhaustive list, but you may have your favourite charity in your neighbourhood to which you would like to donate your old clothes, textiles and Furniture.
Bike Works Nottingham
Have you got an unwanted Bicycle? Bike Works not only fixes bikes but also re-homes unwanted bikes, which helps community projects
- Bike Works is a not-for-profit organisation. Visit the page here: Nottingham Bikeworks
Lenton Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Lenton Industrial Estate